Dr. Desiree Garzon is a leading Lake Worth Podiatrist specializing in all areas of podiatric medicine, surgery, and wound care. She strives to stay up to date with the latest innovations in the field and works daily to educate her patients so they’re always able to make the best possible decisions about their health and well-being.
County Wide Foot, Ankle & Wound Care is centrally located to Palm Beach County and beyond.
IF YOU NEED A LAKE WORTH FOOT DOCTOR OR WISH TO LEARN MORE ABOUT DR. GARZON’S OUTPATIENT SURGERY OPTIONS, PLEASE CALL 561-369-3300
County Wide Foot, Ankle & Wound Care
At County Wide Foot, Ankle & Wound Care, our patients ALWAYS come first.
- Step-by-Step Care: While many foot and ankle problems resolve with treatment, others require ongoing care and therapy. Whether you’ve recently sustained an injury or suffer from a persistent ailment, Dr. Garzon will provide the highest level of continuing care, individualized to meet the unique needs of your case.
- “Heel for Your”: Garzon is affiliated with several leading hospitals and performs a wide range of surgical procedures to reconstruct and reconstitute the health of the foot or ankle.
- Dedicated to Patient Education: Garzon diligently pursues continuing education in the field of podiatric medicine and makes every effort to share the knowledge she’s acquired with those who seek our care.
Conditions Treated by Our Lake Worth Podiatrist
As a top Lake Worth Podiatrist, Dr. Garzon treats a wide array of foot and ankle problems, including:
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Ankle Sprains/Instability
- Ankle Fractures
- Arthritic Foot & Ankle
- Athlete’s Foot
- Corns & Calluses
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Flat Feet
- Fungal Nails
- Heel Pain/ Plantar Fasciitis
- Hammer Toes
- Ingrown Toenails
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Plantar Warts
She also treats lower-extremity wounds using the latest diagnostic techniques and innovative treatments, including bioengineered skin substitutes, individual education planning, and infection management. She can also make referrals for hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
While many foot, ankle, and wound care problems can be treated non-invasively in our office, others may require surgical intervention. If you’d like to learn more about your treatment options, please call County Wide Foot, Ankle and Wound Care today.
The Health of Your Feet is Important
Most people tend to take the health of their feet for granted.
But with 26 bones, 33 joints, and over 100 muscles, tendons, and ligaments, a lot can wrong with your feet. In fact, around 75% of Americans can expect to experience foot and ankle problems of varying severity at some point in their lives.
Because your feet and ankles support your entire body, any problems can potentially impact your overall health. While occasional pain is normal, discomfort lasting more than a few days or weeks probably requires medical care. You should contact a Boca Raton foot doctor:
- If you experience pain, swelling, or redness lasting days or weeks on end without improvement
- If you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes or are pre-diabetic
- If you’ve twisted or sprained a foot or ankle, which may have caused unknown fractures
- If you develop toenail fungus occurs or you notice a thickening of the nailbed(s)
- If you have an ingrown toenail
- If you develop any open sores or lesions on the foot
- If you experience any discharge or puss on the foot
- If you see red streaks extending from the source of an affected or infected area
- If you suffer heel pain, tingling, or numbness
- If you have poor circulation
- If your feet become warm at any point or change in color
- If you notice any unusual growth or ongoing cracks on the heels
From routine checkup to complex surgeries, Dr. Garzon can help you maintain the health of your feet, avoid and relieve foot pain, and even determine the right footwear for your specific needs.
About Dr. Desiree Garzon, DPM
As a top Lake Worth Podiatrist, Dr. Garzon is a board qualified associate member of the American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons. She also serves as a staff foot and ankle surgeon at Orthopedic Surgery Associates in Boynton Beach and has been published in several prestigious medical journals, including “Foot and Ankle Specialist” and “Therapeutic Advances in Cardiovascular Diseases.”
After receiving an Exercise Physiology degree from Florida State University, Dr. Garzon went on to earn a Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine from the Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine in Miami. The Florida native then completed a three-year residency in reconstructive foot and ankle surgery at Bethesda Hospital in Boynton Beach, where she served as chief resident.
Dr. Garzon always maintains the highest levels of professional accreditation and constantly pursues continuing education in the field of podiatry.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Garzon Today
If you’re looking for a Lake Worth Podiatrist, please call 561-369-330
0 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Garzon today.
For our address or to send us a note, please visit our contact page
. Our Personal Support Representative will be happy to answer your questions and address any concerns you might have.